SteelSeries makes award-winning, cutting-edge hardware and software products that help PC and Console gamers on their daily quest for glory.
We are looking for a Front End Engineer to join our team to help develop incredible gaming hardware and software products. We are looking for someone that can make a huge impact on our product development, has experience developing desktop and/or web applications, and has a serious passion for technology, product development, and gaming.
Why should you work here:
- Love what you do - This isn't some B2B app or SaaS targeted at an industry you have no real interest in. This is a consumer product for gamers and part of the gaming industry. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or something related - you will love it here.
- Solve interesting technical problems - The software group is fairly small, but versatile. You may be writing frontend code one day, and improving our continuous integration pipeline the next.
- Make an impact - We are a small company, so if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis - this is your place.
- Be part of Product Development - We are a flat organization and everyone has chances to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years experience as a Front End Engineer
- Experience developing with one or more scripting languages (Python, Ruby, etc.)
Some nice to haves:
- Experience with developing Consumer facing applications (Web, Desktop, or both)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies a plus
- Experience in software best practices like Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
As a Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for developing new features for our cross platform, consumer gaming software platform, the SteelSeries Engine (www.steelseries.com/engine). We are a small team and we have lots of cool, challenging problems to solve.
If you were here the last few months, you would have worked on:
- Launching the Apex Pro line of keyboards, Rival 650 Wireless, Arctis 9X, Stratus Duo and other exciting products
- Adding Discord integration and GameSense support (for games such as Mortal Kombat 11) to SteelSeries headsets, keyboards, and mice
- Creating an audio visualizer app to control SteelSeries RGB devices
- Getting trounced in Smash by our very own ToadKing
If you are here the next few months, you will:
- Architecting a complete UI refresh of SteelSeries Engine
- Add exciting software features to SteelSeries Engine
- Enhancing Discord integration with SteelSeries headsets
- Play with and give feedback on unannounced super secret hardware products coming out next year
- Be part of the SteelSeries CS:GO team
- You are smart, inquisitive and can get stuff done.
- You want to make a huge impact and love pushing the boundaries of product development.
- You take pride in what you do and want to be part of that next great product sitting on the shelf at your local Best Buy or passionately talked about on Discord communities.
- You’re accustomed to a small company environment including wearing numerous hats and managing several things at any given time.
Don’t apply if:
- You require strict organizational structure.
- You don’t like change.
- You think having autonomy in the work place is a bad thing.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits and an awesome work place with people who love gaming and technology.
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago.