SteelSeries is a global leader in the gaming industry. We've been supporting esports before it was even a thing. From creating the first gaming headset and keyboards, to sponsoring the very first professional teams, we've been dedicated to gamers from the start. We make the most award-winning, insanely great products so every single gamer can feel like a pro.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Digital Advertising to lead our demand gen and consumer acquisition efforts for our direct channel (SteelSeries.com). This leader will be a key member of our Digital and Marketing organization. You will be responsible for developing our digital advertising strategy, managing/optimizing our media spend, developing our content marketing strategy and managing our digital advertising agency relationship and resources. You’ll directly own our advertising efforts across all key digital channels including paid and unpaid to achieve specific revenue targets for the ecommerce business on SteelSeries.com around the globe. In addition, you will work with various international counterparts and senior leadership across multiple key markets. These efforts will not only drive products sales, but also increase our brand awareness and customer engagement.
This role will report directly to the Chief Digital and Marketing Officer and will be based in our headquarters in Chicago, IL.
Business Function and Responsibilities:
- Development of digital advertising plans for key product launches and marketing campaigns
- Manage the Global digital advertising budget including achieving key revenue and performance targets
- Manage the digital advertising agency relationship and resources
- Drive revenue growth and customer acquisition by increasing the SteelSeries customer base through various tactics including: prospecting, retargeting, paid/earned media, and affiliate marketing.
- Continual performance measurement and optimization for ROAS across ad creative, messaging and channels to improve conversion rates including regular reporting to senior leadership.
- Experience leading digital advertising for a Direct to Consumer ecommerce business. (preferably consumer focused products or electronics)
- Expertise using Google Adwords, Google Display Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook, and YouTube including deep understanding of digital marketing tactics including SEO/SEM, PPC/Display.
- Natural understanding of key marketing and advertising principles (multi touch attribution, customer segmentation, value proposition, creative design and A/B Testing)
- 4+ years experience directly managing a team and working with digital agencies
- Metrics and Results-driven mindset with Strong project management approach and organizational skills
- Ability to work across various functions including marketing, sales, operations, finance, and engineering.
- Self Starter able to function independently without large team resources to delegate to
- Excellent communication and presentation skills plus a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously is a must
- Consumer hardware or gaming related experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Marketing or related field required. MBA a plus
Sorry, we can’t do any visa sponsorship at this time. This position is located in our office in downtown Chicago, relocation will be provided if needed.